With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
We are looking for a strong individual with extensive Civils PIA Telecoms experience to join our expanding team. The Field Based Co-Ordinator will supervise and co-ordinate Build Partner civils activities in line with NRSWA & local HA requirements. As well as building and developing relationships with local HAs and ensuring safety & build compliance for all civils activities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 3 years PIA / Openreach Network Build & Sub-contractor experience in the civils build environment. Telecoms commercial experience would be an advantage. Highways engagement is a large part of the role, therefore a solid background in Permitting, SROH & NRSWA compliance is a must.
- Co-ordination & supervision of all field-based PIA civils activities (blockage clearances, installing track, building chambers, cabinets etc) carried out by Build Partner crews across multiple locations.
- Provide technical civils expertise and be the main point of contact / escalation on all aspects of fibre civils build, including reinstatement.
- Ensure all PIA civils activities are carried out to NRSWA & SHROH standards.
- Build strong relationships with local HA inspectors across multiple councils.
- To attend HA meetings as required, on-site or at the HA offices.
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed and adhered to for the entire duration of the project.
- Carry out regular safety inspections ensuring NRSWA compliance on site.
- Carry out pre-site inspections for all track work ensuring permit conditions are aligned to build requirements.
- To deliver the required amount of site audit documentation and implement any corrective action / continuous improvement plans as required.
- Hold monthly meetings with all civils staff briefing them on progress to date and to review monthly audit findings.
- Work closely with the inhouse street works & permitting teams to help drive improvements across all street works activities within your region.
- Review & approve all Build Partners TM applications in line with site requirements including cost management.
- Handling site incidents in accordance with company requirements.
- Ensure Build Partners coring programme is in line with company’s / contractual SLAs.
- Build & maintain close working relationships with Fibre Build teams to ensure alignment with THP delivery requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures.
- Sign off on all DFEs (Deferral from Estimate) prior to submission by the Build Partner(s).
- Extensive Telecoms site-based experience of leading a large-scale Fibre Build across multiple council areas.
- Good experience working with OR Platforms – Orion & Geo hub etc.
- Min 3 years’ experience working in a Civils Build role on PON (FTTP) including Spine and access build on Network Build Telecoms projects.
- Excellent knowledge of PIA Civils, SROH, NRSWA & HAUC guidelines.
- SMSTS & NRSWA Supervisors card.
- Full clean driving licence.
Ideally you will have all / some of the following accreditations:
SA01 & SA02, GO1 & GO2, A11, BB1 – C, B & M, CD1, DB1, DL1, FCCW1, FCFW1, N23 / N27 / N28, SLEW1, S5, S6, S7 & S8.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.