With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
Job Summary (key function of the role)
The purpose of the role is to manage the design, operation, maintenance and delivery of Giganet’s ICT infrastructure services. The role is also responsible for ensuring all cloud and on-premise infrastructure services are available, accessible, secure, scalable and operating effectively to deliver ICT applications, communications and other managed services to internal users. This includes both virtual, physical, and cloud-hosted servers and networking hardware; firewalls, switches wireless infrastructure etc.
The Infrastructure manager will be responsible for managing the process of gathering, analysing & assessing the current & future information security and privacy threats to Giganet as well as maintain & monitor the information security best practices as they develop.
- Primarily responsible for deployment and configuration and upgrades of all services in the Microsoft Stack including, Azure/AD/Conditional Access/MDM/O365/DLP
- Act as a central contact point for IT Security audit related activity
- Improving the company’s security posture through continual improvement
- Perform security assessments including vulnerability scans application testing
- Monitor adherence to IT security policies and procedures
- promoting a culture of information security awareness within the organisation.
- Work with the wider technology team to coordinate the deployment of infrastructure changes whilst ensuring the consistency and availability of environments.
- Network configuration, optimization of LAN, WAN,WLAN,VPN’s, Switches and Firewalls.
- Ensure IT backups/Disaster recovery processes are adhered to and are monitored and kept up to date on a regular basis.
- Identifying, assessing and managing Information and IT risks.
- Leading on all aspects of Data Loss Preventio
- Consolidate and simplify internal IT estate
- Working knowledge of information security principles and best practices
- Demonstrable understanding of LAN,WAN,WLAN and VPN infrastructures setup and configuration best practices, exposure to Aruba, Unify, Cisco, PFSense platforms beneficial.
- Knowledge of physical and virtual equipment and storage platforms within Infrastructure including Dell, Azure, AWS and VMWare.
- Strong Experience working in a Microsoft environment, including an excellent understanding of Active directory, Azure, Office 365,Intune, Conditional access, MFA and DLP.
- Ideally have Microsoft accreditations in Microsoft 365/Azure.
- Experience and knowledge of Linux Server beneficial
- Knowledge of obtaining and maintaining ISO27001 accreditation
- Any ITIL knowledge beneficial
Key skills and attributes
- Displays a willingness to work alone and as part of a team in a fast paced technical environment.
- Understanding of IT security concepts and best practice
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Logical diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for technology and interest in new developments.
- Ability to explain technology clearly to less technical colleagues.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.