With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
The Giganet Technical Support Team provides support to our home broadband & business leased line & broadband customers. As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be part of an existing Team that has helped us secure a 5* Trustpilot rating. We have achieved this by providing the best technical support to our residential and business customers, proactively responding and resolving alarms wherever possible.
You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be personable, helping to explain complex issues simply and effectively to end customers. You will be responsible for using the various tools, systems, portals, and your own networking knowledge to troubleshoot end customer technical support questions and faults. You shall liaise with third party carriers and vendors to resolve requests. For more complex faults or those affecting a large number of customers (MSO/major service outage), you shall escalate to our NOC (Network Operations) Engineers, however you shall retain and own the customer communications for these incidents.
When the customer support tickets are not coming in, you will help with customer networking equipment configuration, labbing and testing new hardware, and helping to improve systems & processes. You shall also help with the notification of any network maintenance to end customers. You will be exposed to a variety of different networking vendors, carriers and suppliers as part of your role.
This role requires working for 37.5 hours per week, which will incorporate working between the hours of 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am – 1pm Saturday & Sunday, so you must be happy to work on a rota/ shift pattern
- Being part of the team that handles technical support for our residential and business broadband customers.
- Proactively monitoring business broadband and leased line services, and proactively initiating troubleshooting steps where necessary.
- Engaging with third party vendors and carriers where needed.
- Working alongside our customer service agents who triage residential technical support queries, and provide any training, education where helpful.
- Working alongside our NOC where escalations are required.
- Keeping up to date on relevant technologies.
- Developing and maintaining technical vendor & carrier relationships.
- Maintaining and enhancing your own skills and certifications.
- Working according to a shift and rota, 37.5 hours per week to provide support to our home and business customers up to 7 days per week.
- Relevant computer networking experience, tech support, customer services
- Broadband: PPPoE & DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing/routing
- Customer Router: DHCP, IP addressing, Wi-Fi, port forwarding, firewall
- ITIL Service desk experience
- SLA experience
- CCNA/ JNCIA
- Computer/Networking degree/HE course
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.