With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
Giganet is a full fibre Internet Service Provider. It provides services to customers across its own 10Gb/s capable FTTP infrastructure in addition to wholesaling other significant carrier’s (Openreach & CityFibre) FTTP and Ethernet infrastructure. Services are provided to both businesses and consumers, with the latter making up the majority of connections.
As a Network Engineer, you will help support Giganet’s existing network and end customers, but you will also be exposed to our new network upgrade programme, including the core network, regional rings, edge POPs and fibre access cabinets. You will be supported to reach vendor certifications and progress your networking breadth, depth and maturity to further your career in service provider networking engineering. Although you may have less experience and vendor knowledge initially, you will be empowered and encouraged to be involved as closely as possible with the entire network.
- Maintaining inventory.
- Monitor core network capacity levels, and identifying areas for upgrades in good time.
- Racking and stacking networking equipment.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Maintaining network monitoring system configuration and other network insight systems.
- Proactively monitor the core network. Identifying and resolving issues.
- Collaboratively handle mass service outages, working with internal & external stakeholders until resolution.
- Managing 3rd line customer tech support tickets, including out of hours escalations, providing excellent communication through to resolution.
- Provision new customer services and handle configuration changes.
- Provide escalated support for new service commissioning.
- Work alongside colleagues with any designs, labbing, configuration, installation and commissioning works as required.
Studying & Certifications
- There will be time within your working week to devote for studying. Giganet will pay for any reasonable training and examination expenses as these are required for your role.
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an analytical mind, capability to grasp new and complex systems, work independently but also collaborate with team members and vendors, as well as being dynamic.
- You’ll be passionate about building world class, resilient, scalable, and automated networks. You will have the capability to constantly improve the efficiency of your activities and that of the network you help to design and build. You shall be interested to present and showcase your work or insight at industry events (LINX, UKNOF, NetLDN) in due time.
- We have a lot of work to do within the network engineering team, therefore, you should be prepared for the additional pressures this will face and be able to prioritise your work accordingly.
On-call and overtime
- This role will require an on-call duty rota for NOC escalations as well as implementing network changes remote or in-person as required.
• Relevant networking experience in either Enterprise or Service Provider.
• Understanding of key networking concepts and technologies.
• Customer service experience
• Great written and verbal communication skills.
• Good personal time management
• Team player. Supportive and helpful attitude.
• Degree in relevant discipline and/ or practical experience of service provider networks
• Juniper or Cisco CCNA/JNCIA equivalent certification. CompTIA Network+
• ITIL Qualifications
• Computer Science related degree / course.
• Experience with Juniper MX, EX, QFX, ACX, SRX appliances.
• Experience with the following protocols: BGP, MPLS, OSPF, L3VPN, L2VPN, VPLS.
• Experience with network subscriber termination and associated systems: LNS, BNG, PPPoE, DHCP, RADIUS
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.