With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
This role defines and implements the strategy locally for any sub-categories unique to their allocated area, geography or specialism and works alongside the Commercial Contract Management team to manages local key supplier relationships (IACCM). With safety ALWAYS paramount, you will drives strategic sourcing initiatives where they are defined centrally by the SLT if required, or independently where they are locally owned by each department.
This role holder will support the delivery of the category end-to-end Procurement cycle as per company guidelines (Inc Procurement Process 2022/23) and support the management of supplier performance and contracts for all locally managed categories and sub-categories ensuring a high level of customer internal satisfaction, being accountable for setting the direction of the business across two material main level 1 categories (Network & IT / Commercial Services), with a further 12 level 2 sub-categories.
- Supporting the sourcing events (RFS /RFI /RFP /BAFO) to procure goods and/or services needed to ensure seamless and safe activities and operational efficiency for the business.
- Developing category strategies and category strategic plans, including initiative plans, for managed sub-categories, validating them with the Group Category Manager/s as appropriate and the respective internal customer/s, business partners.
- Conducting both strategic and tactical sourcing events, including fact based negotiations (supplier and industry analysis, benchmarks, cost structure analysis) for all managed sub-categories within the portfolio and ensuring process compliance and high levels of internal customer satisfaction.
- Defining supplier management strategy, aligning it with the Group procurement where appropriate, and working with the CCM team executing strategic supplier relationship management with key 80/20 suppliers.
- Delivering and working within the P2P (Purchase-To-Pay) strategy for locally managed sub-categories, including buying channels, content strategy, necessary IPR/Insurance compliance checks, specific telecoms requirements and ensure compliance and alignment with Giganet P2P strategy to ensure standardisation and efficiency. Delivering relevant KPI targets (e.g. savings targets through strategic sourcing) for locally managed categories as appropriate to local stakeholder needs.
- Solid experience in Telecoms/Construction Arena
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent
- MCIPS: Affiliate
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment within Fixed (FTTX) Telecoms space
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions and SLT/Board recommendations
- Strong programme management skills alongside Business Partners
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, inc. CFO, CTO, and other Executive management
- Good knowledge of the local category market place and procurement best practices within CIPS framework
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.