With a focus on honesty and customer service, we believe every member of our team helps us achieve our ambitious goals. We offer fantastic training, flexible working and great benefits. A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
With Giganet, you’ll get to:
- Be part of the full fibre broadband revolution
- Help create a brand-new nationwide FTTP Internet Service Provider
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
As a Principal Network Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, engineering and maintaining our core network’s broadband service offerings.
Giganet is currently underway on building out POPs to over 150+ Openreach Parent Exchanges and 150+ CityFibre FEXs. In addition, Giganet will access Openreach FTTP services nationally prior to unbundling exchanges.
You will be responsible to ensure that broadband services are delivered resiliently across our access, aggregation and core networks, with deterministic traffic routing, whilst maintaining high performance and scale. You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, an analytical mind, capability to grasp new and complex systems, work independently but also collaborate with team members and vendors, as well as being dynamic.
You’ll be passionate about building world class, resilient, scalable, and automated networks. You will have the capability to constantly improve the efficiency of your activities and that of the network you help to design and build. You will help recruit and lead a team of network engineers, augmenting your responsibilities within the wider network engineering team structure.
- Working alongside the CTO, play a key role and be responsible for implementing the broadband services network strategy.
- Broadband service network architecture.
- Run proof of concepts and labs.
- Write HLD and LLDs for the various network programmes.
- Write configs and test outcomes within physical and virtual lab environments.
- Implement new designs and systems into the live production network.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement within the network to deliver improved network performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with other network engineering team members and vendors.
- Collaboratively handle major issues on the core network.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Be available to mentor and collaborate with junior members of the team.
- Be available to attend & showcase your work or insight at industry events (LINX, UKNOF, NetLDN).
- Develop and maintain technical vendor & carrier relationships.
- Maintain and enhance your own skills and certifications.
- Relevant networking experience working with Service Provider networks
- Juniper Junos
- Broadband subscriber termination – BNG and LNS
- Broadband service architecture and design
- Interfacing with RADIUS and DHCP servers
- Good understanding of BGP, MPLS, OSPF, L3VPN, L2VPN, EVPN-VPWS, DHCP, PPPoE, L2TP, PWHT, DHCPv6
- Experience with residential gateways
- Depth, breadth, and mature understanding of complex networks
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Good personal time management
- Good knowledge of OSS systems & tooling
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Team player. Supportive and helpful attitude
- Experience with Juniper MX, QFX and ACX hardware
- Experience with Adtran PON, XGS-PON, SDX
- Experience with CGNAT
- Experience with TR-069
- Experience with IS-IS and Segment Routing
- CCNP-SP/JNCIP-SP or equivalent certification.
- CompTIA Network+
- IT/Computer/Networking degree/HE course
- Scripting, linux and server infrastructure knowledge
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team! We have an enviable collaborative culture and really value our staff. We recently won ‘Best Company to Work For’ at CRN Sales & Marketing Awards and ‘The Workplace Award’ at the Comms Business Awards. Join a company that will invest in you.