A company with a difference, and growing at the speed of light! Giganet is a dynamic, culture-driven business connecting communities to hyperfast, full fibre broadband
Reporting into the SHEQ Manager the Advisors support the company on all Health and Safety Management, Environmental Management and Quality Management requirements. Assisting with delivering SHEQ Systems which support the business and our partners in ensuring SHEQ work is managed, maintained and continuously improved alongside delivering the SHEQ departments ISO 45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 management systems, taking the lead on elements of all three of the management systems as required.
- Have knowledge of H&S and Environment legislation and relevant regulations, and the ability to interpret and implement this legislation within a fast paced, growing company
- Ensure the organisation complies with current health, safety and environment legislation, raising issues, concerns and action plans with the SHEQ Manager as appropriate
- Work alongside internal and external partners to ensure they have the relevant information and support to remain compliant and to continuously improve all management systems
- Audit and inspect internal and external teams to ensure compliance with both legislation and company policies
- Monitor, evaluate and review internal H&S, environment and quality management policies and practices ensuring they are consistent across all departments
- Help champion a work culture & environment that embodies a ‘Safer Together’ Health and Safety culture
We are looking for:
An experienced, professional SHEQ advisor. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as a positive, ‘can do’ approach to work. You should be solutions driven and looking to make a difference in a growing company within a key SHEQ role. Proven, demonstrable experience in a similar SHEQ role, ideally (but not essential) gained in a similar industry such as Telecommunications, Utilities or Construction (Utilities and/or underground service avoidance would be highly desirable). Working within a team of 8 to 10 staff you will have good people and team qualities.
Must have an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret SHEQ-related legislation.
Education / Qualifications:
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- CDM Qualification and/or relevant experience
- Full clean driving license
At Giganet we believe every member of our team helps us to achieve our vision to be the best ISP in the UK. This is a place that nurtures careers and truly embraces team members for who they are and the personality and attitude they bring. We champion diversity, equality, and inclusion, encouraging our people to bring their whole selves to work.
Proudly awarded "Employer of the Year 2022" at the South Coast Tech Awards and UK Fibre Awards "Overall Fibre Provider of the Year" this year. Join a company that will invest in you.
As well as fantastic training we offer benefits to support your work life balance including flexible working, days off for charitable work and your birthday off! A career with Giganet is an exciting one and we want to help you be the best you can be.
If you are a person who is excited by change and wants to work with a company undertaking a fast paced transformation, get in touch.